Reigning No. 1 overall draft pick and Minnesota Timberwolves shooting guard Anthony Edwards highlights the U.S. basketball select team, revealed Thursday, that will help prepare Team USA for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
Along with Edwards, the select team includes the following players:
- Saddiq Bey, SF, Pistons
- Miles Bridges, G/F, Hornets
- Darius Garland, PG, Cavaliers
- Tyrese Haliburton, G, Kings
- Tyler Herro, G, Heat
- John Jenkins, SG, Free agent (Spain)
- Keldon Johnson, F, Spurs
- Josh Magette, PG, Free agent (Turkey)
- Dakota Mathias, SG, Free agent
- Immanuel Quickley, G, Knicks
- Naz Reid, C, Timberwolves
- Cam Reynolds, SF, Rockets
- Isaiah Stewart, PF/C, Pistons
- Obi Toppin, PF, Knicks
- P.J. Washington, PF, Hornets
- Patrick Williams, F, Bulls
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra will serve as head coach of the select team, and will be assisted by Gonzaga coach Mark Few and Mavericks assistant Jamahl Mosley.
The U.S. men’s basketball team, coached by the Spurs’ Gregg Popovich, is set to tip off camp in Las Vegas. The roster is as follows:
- Guards: Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, Devin Booker, Jrue Holiday, Zach LaVine
- Forwards: Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Khris Middleton, Jerami Grant
- Centers/Forwards: Bam Adebayo, Draymond Green, Kevin Love
The Tokyo Olympics begin July 23, with the U.S. men’s basketball team first game scheduled for July 25.