The Lakers held a group workout of prospects Saturday as they prepare for the NBA Draft at the end of the month, per Harrison Faigen of SB Nation.
The workout consisted of the following players:
- Austin Reaves, SG, Oklahoma
- Trey Murphy III, G/F, Virginia
- Oscar Da Silva, PF, Stanford
- Nah’Shon Hyland, PG/SG, VCU
- Chaundee Brown Jr., SG, Michigan
- D.J. Funderburk, F, NC State
With the exception of perhaps Hyland and Murphy, most of the players are considered fringe second-round picks.
“If I get picked to come here it’s going to be a dream come true,” Hyland told reporters.
Meanwhile, Murphy was among the players the Lakers interviewed at the NBA Combine at the end of last month, as was Gonzaga shooting guard Corey Kispert.
Funderburk has also worked out for the Hornets.