The beginning stages of the 2021 NBA Draft are underway, starting with the annual lottery, slated for June 22.
This marks the third straight year of the new lottery system with weighted odds — as each of the bottom three teams has an equal chance to win the No. 1 overall pick.
Six teams finished the regular season with identical records, leading the league to determine tiebreakers via random drawings on May 25.
- The Thunder (22-50) won a tiebreaker with the Cavaliers.
- The Bulls (31-41) won a tiebreaker with the Pelicans and Kings. Second and third place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Sacramento and New Orleans, respectively.
- The Hornets (33-39) won a tiebreaker with the Spurs.
Below are the complete lottery odds:
|Team||Record||Top 4||No. 1 Pick|
|4||Oklahoma City Thunder||22-50||45.1%||11.5%|
|6||Minnesota Timberwolves → Golden State Warriors*||23-49||37.2%||9.0%|
|8||Chicago Bulls → Orlando Magic*||31-41||20.3%||6.0%|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans||31-41||20.3%||4.5%|
|12||San Antonio Spurs||33-39||8.0%||1.8%|
|14||Golden State Warriors||39-33||2.4%||0.5%|
- Minnesota’s pick owed to Golden State is top-three protected
- Chicago’s pick owed to Orlando is top-four protected
NBA Key Dates
- May 30: Deadline for an early entry player to apply for this year’s Draft (11:59 p.m. ET)
- June 21-27: NBA Draft Combine
- July 19: Deadline for an early entry player to withdraw from the NBA Draft (5:00 p.m. ET)
- July 29: 2021 NBA Draft
- Aug 8-17: MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2021 (Las Vegas)