Anthony Edwards Dislocated Left Ring Finger On John Collins Poster Dunk

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Anthony Edwards dislocated his left ring finger on his poster dunk on Utah Jazz big man John Collins. Edwards’ dunk is the best dunk of this NBA season. 

NBA, Anthony Edwards, John Collins
Alex Goodlett/Getty Images

“I was thinking I was going to miss it because I wasn’t close to the rim,” Edwards said, via ESPN. “But somehow God willed it in for me.

Collins and Edwards were both injured on the dunk. Edwards dislocated his left ring finger after his hand collided with Collins’ cheekbone. Meanwhile, Collins suffered a head injury. 

“It gives me chills, man, because I always dreamed of dunking on somebody like that,” Edwards said. “It gives everybody energy. It makes everybody want to defend, want to get stops. It makes the game more exciting.”

The Timberwolves beat the Jazz by a final score of 114-104. Edwards finished with 32 points, seven rebounds and eight assists while shooting 13-of-23 from the field, 2-of-8 from beyond the arc and 4-of-4 from the free-throw line. 

“He’s always been a guy who can really flip a game around,” Timberwolves head coach Chris Finch said about Edwards. “Knows when to raise it. Knows when to make the big play. Can sometimes make it out of nothing. But now, he’s like way more polished with what he’s doing. He’s a little more composed, not rushing it as much.”

One of the top players in the NBA, Edwards is averaging 26.6 points, 5.4 rebounds and 5.1 assists this season while shooting 46.7% overall, 37.0% from 3 and 83.7% from the free-throw line. 

“He’s like a cat almost,” Timberwolves guard Mike Conley said about Edwards. “He just keeps going forward and lands on his feet. Stuff like that is what makes him who he is and why he can maneuver in the game how he does.”

The Timberwolves improved to 47-21 after beating the Jazz. They are in second place in the Western Conference standings. 

Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?

Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 30 teams!

Leave a Reply