Guard/forward Ben Simmons indicated the recent changes to the roster could serve the Nets well.
“We’ve got a lot of guys that are happy to be here and just want to play and win,” Simmons said, via Brian Lewis of the New York Post. “So they compete. So it’s good; it’s good energy here.”
That said, Simmons admitted he is still adjusting to what could be considered inconsistent minutes late in games.
“It’s a little frustrating trying to find some rhythm and consistency; but that’s what it is at this point right now,” he said, via Lewis. “Guys have been in and out due to injuries, trades, so there’s been a lot of different things that play factors into it.”
- Former Nets and current 76ers guard James Harden said Brooklyn’s attempts at a Big Three were ruled by dysfunction. “It was wrong. It definitely … it was wrong,” Harden said, via Lewis. “It wasn’t right. So something good wasn’t coming out of this.”
Guard/forward Josh Hart indicated he hopes to stay with the Knicks long-term. Hart was acquired from the Trail Blazers in a deal involving forward Cam Reddish.
“It’s my third time getting traded, sixth year in the league, fourth team, sixth head coach,” Hart said, via Peter Botte of the New York Post. “It’s been a whirlwind. I didn’t think that was how my first six years were going to be, but I’m looking for a home, and I think this could be it.”
- Point guard Derrick Rose is not seeking a buyout despite some rumors to the contrary. “It’s still the same thing. I’m still locked in with the team, talking to the guys, mentoring and just being pretty much a leader,” Rose said, via Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News.
- Rose drew interest from the Kings and Bucks, among others, ahead of the trade deadline.
- In case you missed it, the 76ers have agreed to a deal with center Dewayne Dedmon for the rest of the season, as we relayed here.
- Dedmon has been dealing with plantar fasciitis in his left foot for most of the season with the Heat, Pompey added. He will reunite with forwards and former teammates Tobias Harris and P.J. Tucker in Philadelphia.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!