Forward Jae Crowder is expected to make his Bucks debut after the All-Star break, coach Mike Budenholzer told reporters.
Crowder hasn’t played this season after opting to sit out with the Suns. He was traded to the Nets as part of the Kevin Durant deal, then acquired by the Bucks.
When meeting with reporters on Monday, Crowder said he wants to leave the Phoenix situation in the past.
“I just feel like it’s behind me now,” he said. “We had some stuff happen internally that they asked me to keep inside, so I’m going to grant their wishes. Obviously I’ve been working with these guys for a trade partner for months now. I think give or take they did exactly what they said they was going to do. Took longer than what we all expected, but it got done.”
As for Budenholzer and the Bucks, they are just happy Crowder is finally in Milwaukee after months of trying to trade for him.
“He does whatever it takes to win,” Budenholzer said. “He does so many little things on both ends of the court, defensively and offensively. He’s got kind of a toughness on the offensive end, sets screens. He understands spacing, understands timing. He’s won a ton.”
- The Bucks may want to consider a run at guard Russell Westbrook should he agree to a contract buyout with the Jazz, wrote Nekias Duncan of Basketball News.
- Multiple teams are expected to be interested in forward Grant Williams when he hits free agency this summer, per Marc Stein of The Stein Line.
- Williams will be a restricted free agent and is believed to be seeking a deal that will pay him around $20 million a season, similar to the one Keldon Johnson signed with the Spurs, per Stein.
- The Celtics had offers for Williams ahead of the trade deadline, but chose to keep him, viewing him as a key part of their title hopes. Nonetheless, again, they are expected to have competition for him in free agency.
- The Magic signed center Goga Bitadze to add depth to the frontcourt. Bitadze was selected by the Pacers with the No. 18 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. He averaged 3.3 points and 2.3 rebounds in 21 games with Indiana before being released last week.