Guard DeMar DeRozan was forced to exit Monday’s road loss to the Celtics with a right quad injury, but indicated he didn’t think it was anything too serious.
“I feel fine other than it being real irritated, nothing too crazy,’’ DeRozan said, via Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times. “It’s just in that spot that when moving, you just need that to simmer down. We’ll see how I feel.”
- DeRozan is listed as questionable for Wednesday’s game vs. the Wizards, as relayed by K.C. Johnson of NBC Sports Chicago.
- Guard/forward Javonte Green will undergo an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee and be re-evaluated in two weeks, the team announced. There’s optimism he can return within a month, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
- Point guard Ricky Rubio is “really close” to making his season debut, coach J.B. Bickerstaff said, via Danny Cunningham of ESPN Cleveland.
- Sources have told Hoops Wire that Rubio could play as soon as Thursday’s road game against the Trail Blazers. His debut seems more likely to come Sunday or Monday.
- Rubio is likely to be on a minutes restriction once he does finally return, sources said. He is also not likely to play in back-to-back games at first.
- The Bucks are among the teams to have called the Knicks about the availability of guard Immanuel Quickley, per Michael Scotto of HoopsHype. It does not appear as if the Knicks intend to trade Quickley at this time, though.
- In case you missed it, the Bucks are also reportedly among those interested in available Knicks forward Cam Reddish. We have that full post here.