“The way I’m perceiving everything now, my outlook is I’m in great shape right now,” Turner said, via Marc J. Spears of Andscape. “I’ve worked my way back for my injuries. And just carry myself as a professional as I always have. Whether that’s in [Pacers] training camp or whether that’s a training camp somewhere else, I’m going to go and be myself. And that’s all anybody, that’s all I can expect for myself. It’s definitely a proving season for me.”
Turner has been linked to the Lakers, as the Pacers reportedly had spoken to LA about a deal that involved both Turner and Buddy Hield. Those talks seem to have stalled, though, and Turner appears prepared for an Indiana return.
“Just proving it to myself, what I’m capable of. Playing a five position, something that’s obviously very important to me,” he said, via Spears. “Something that I’m looking forward to doing this year. My mentality is solid. I’m good to go and everything’s tight in my corner.”
- As it stands, Bleacher Report projects the Pacers’ starting lineup as the 23rd-best in a league of 30, as relayed by Zach Pearson of Fansided.
- In case you missed it, the Pacers rejected the Lakers’ overture involving Hield and Russell Westbrook. You can read that full post here.
- Juancho Hernangomez‘s one-year contract with the Raptors is fully guaranteed, per Keith Smith of Spotrac. The co-star of Netflix hoops move Hustle appeared in a total of 40 games last season (Jazz, Celtics, Spurs).
- In case you missed it, the Raptors waived shooting guard Armoni Brooks, as we relayed here. Most around the NBA expect him to latch on with someone else before training camp. He will have to wait 48 hours to clear waivers before becoming an unrestricted free agent.
- As we also relayed, the Raptors continue to refuse to include reigning Rookie of the Year Scottie Barnes in any trade talks, including those involving Kevin Durant. You can read that full post here.
- For very little movement in terms of contract talks, there sure has been a lot of Collin Sexton talk lately. In case you missed it, I wrote about the latest on Sexton right here.
- While the Cavs have a logjam at the wing position, Cedi Osman could be the odd man out, per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com. Several sources have also told Hoops Wire the Cavs have brought up Osman’s name in exploratory trade talks this offseason.
- The Cavs are expected to open training camp Sept. 26 or 27, several sources told Hoops Wire. Their first preseason game will likely fall in the Oct. 2-4 range, sources added.