- The Celtics have been aggressive in seeking help for the bench, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic. Charania indicated as much on FanDuel TV’s Run it Back.
- That’s the second time this month Charania has said Boston is aiming to add depth via trade. A few weeks ago, he said the Celtics would like to “beef up” the bench.
- Boston has been linked to Pistons guard/forward Alec Burks and Spurs small forward Doug McDermott, among several others.
“For all the public focus on the prospect of (LeBron James) and (Anthony Davis) teaming up with LaVine with the Lakers, the overlooked part is that Kings star De’Aaron Fox is a major priority for Klutch Sports these days as well,” Amick wrote. “Per league sources, LaVine would be very amenable to a Sacramento move that would make him Fox’s backcourt mate.”
- Agent Rich Paul said LaVine has no preference on his next destination should Chicago decide to trade him. We have that full story here.
Coach Monty Williams suggested he’s really struggling with the Pistons’ current 23-game slide.
“It bothers me because it’s my job to figure it out,” Williams said, via Marc J. Spears of Andscape/ESPN. “I’ve lost my wife and I’ve had two close family members deal with cancer. So that’s a perspective that I always have. But this is my body of work and [to] come here to lose like this, I want to do better than we’ve done.”
- Alec Burks is said to be drawing loads of trade interest, with the likes of the Nuggets, Celtics and 76ers said to be among those with Burks on the radar.
- Sources have told Hoops Wire the Kings and Pacers also are more likely to make a low-level move for a player such as Burks, as opposed to some of the big, splashy trades they’re reportedly considering.
- Are the Pistons looking to clean house? Perhaps. We have that full story here.