- Guard Fred VanVleet is expected to sign with Klutch Sports Agency, per Marc Stein of The Stein Line. Klutch is headed by Rich Paul, who also represents the likes of LeBron James, Anthony Davis and Draymond Green, among many others.
- VanVleet, of course, has been the subject of multiple trade rumors, reportedly drawing interest from the likes of the Clippers, Suns and Mavericks. But Stein wrote that guard/forward Gary Trent Jr. is viewed as the Raptor most likely to be traded.
- The Magic are also among the teams with interest in VanVleet, Stein wrote. (We have more Magic trade chatter right here.)
- For more on the Raptors and what they may be thinking ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline, check out this post. Or just hang out on our Raptors page.
- The Knicks offered multiple first-round picks for Raptors forward OG Anunoby, per Ian Begley of SNY.tv.
- Talks have since seemingly ended, but could resurface. The Knicks have multiple picks and several young players they could offer for Anunoby, as Begley relayed.
- As we relayed previously, the Knicks and Bucks reportedly talked about Milwaukee shooting guard Grayson Allen. (Full post.) Basically, it appears the Knicks are being as active as just about everyone else at this time of year.
After an offseason of drama for the Nets, it seems have calmed quite a bit lately — especially when it comes to team stars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.
Now, Irving would be interested in contract extension with the Nets after the season, as relayed by Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report.
Previously linked to the Lakers, it appears Irving would much prefer to stay in Brooklyn, sources have told Hoops Wire. “They’ve ridden out the storm together,” said a rival GM.
If not extension is reached, Irving would become an unrestricted free agent over the summer.
“Around Kyrie and staying with the Nets? I have reached out to the Nets regarding this,” his agent Shetellia Irving told Haynes. “We have had no significant conversations to date. The desire is to make Brooklyn home, with the right type of extension, which means the ball is in the Nets’ court to communicate now if their desire is the same.”
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!