Lawrence Frank On Paul George Being Sidelined: Clippers Respond To Challenges

Clippers forward Paul George has entered the health and safety protocols ahead of the West play-in finale vs. the Pelicans. Paul George

“We feel really bad for Paul and hope for a speedy recovery,” said Clippers president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank, via Mirjam Swanson of the Orange County Register.

George began to show symptoms on Thursday and was tested on Friday, when he tested positive for COVID-19. No other players on the Clippers showed symptoms, and therefore do not need to be tested.

“This is another challenge for our group and those of you who have followed our team all year the group has dealt with challenges all year,” Frank said. “We’ve had guys in and out of the lineup, we’ve dealt with overcoming large deficits and yet, this group has always responded.”

George missed most of the season with an elbow injury, appearing in just 31 games. But as Swanson noted, he is averaging 22.6 points and shooting nearly 53 percent on 3-pointers since returning late last month.

The Clippers and Pelicans tip off in LA at 10 p.m. EST. The game will be be televised by TNT.

Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?

Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!

Leave a Reply