- Forward Paul George is expected to play Thursday for the game vs. Thunder, per Law Murray of The Athletic. George missed the previous game with a non-COVID illness.
- Forward Kawhi Leonard, however, could again miss the game with knee stiffness. Leonard missed the previous game as well — though reportedly said he felt well enough to play.
- Forward Grant Williams has been suspended one game for “recklessly making contact” with a game official, the league announced in a press release. Williams will serve the suspension Friday vs. the Cavaliers.
- Per ESPN’s Bobby Marks, the suspension will cost Williams $29,698. The Celtics will also receive a tax variance credit of $14,849.
- In case you missed it, Celtics wing Jayson Tatum offered plenty of praise for Magic rookie center Paolo Banchero, the No. 1 overall pick. You can check out that full post here.
- Center Myles Turner is expected to make his season debut vs. the Bulls on Wednesday. Turner has been out since suffering an ankle injury in pregame warmups ahead of the season-opener.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!