- Small forward Deni Avdija said the Wizards seem better prepared to handle adversity this season. “We’re gonna lose some games in certain moments and we need to stay together.… This year, we’re more experienced, we know how to handle those situations, and our chemistry is better,” Addija said, via Chase Hughes of NBA Sports Washington.
- Point guard Russell Westbrook (hamstring) and power forward Anthony Davis (back tightness) are listed as questionable for Friday’s game vs. the Timberwolves, per Mike Trudell of Lakers.com.
- LeBron James is listed as probable with left foot soreness, Trudell added.
- The Lakers will retire late Hall of Fame center George Mikan‘s No. 99 on Sunday, prior to their game vs, the Nuggets, the team announced, via Mark Medina of NBA.com.
- Lakers legend Magic Johnson tweeted about the team’s slow start. “I’m agonizing over the @Lakers play, the lack of shooting, and the 0-4 record,” he wrote. “If my Lakers don’t start shooting better, this could be a longgg season for us Laker fans.”
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!