- Guard Donte DiVincenzo is unlikely to play on the Warriors’ five-game road trip, coach Steve Kerr said, via Anthony Slater of The Athletic. DiVincenzo is suffering from a hamstring issue.
- Shooting guard Klay Thompson‘s minutes restriction is expected to be bumped up to the 27-28 minute range, Kerr said, via Kendra Andrews of ESPN.
- Small forward Deni Avdija said the Wizards seem better prepared to handle adversity this season. “We’re gonna lose some games in certain moments and we need to stay together.… This year, we’re more experienced, we know how to handle those situations, and our chemistry is better,” Addija said, via Chase Hughes of NBA Sports Washington.
- Small forwards Rudy Gay and Simone Fontecchio have entered the NBA’s health and safety protocols and are out indefinitely, per Sarah Todd of the Deseret News.
- While the Jazz may still explore trading some veterans, they are likely to hang on to guard Jordan Clarkson for the time being, as we relayed here.
- Point guard Russell Westbrook (hamstring) and power forward Anthony Davis (back tightness) are listed as questionable for Friday’s game vs. the Timberwolves, per Mike Trudell of Lakers.com.
- LeBron James is listed as probable with left foot soreness, Trudell added.
- The Lakers will retire late Hall of Fame center George Mikan‘s No. 99 on Sunday, prior to their game vs, the Nuggets, the team announced, via Mark Medina of NBA.com.
- Lakers legend Magic Johnson tweeted about the team’s slow start. “I’m agonizing over the @Lakers play, the lack of shooting, and the 0-4 record,” he wrote. “If my Lakers don’t start shooting better, this could be a longgg season for us Laker fans.”
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!