With less than a week remaining in the regular season, plenty of playoff positioning is still up for grabs, and in both conferences.
The NBA issued a press release describing how things can unfold via Wednesday night’s games. Here’s a look:
- The Hawks are locked into a play-in game with a loss OR a Nets win OR a Raptors loss.
- The Celtics clinch the Atlantic Division title with a win.
- The Celtics also clinch the No. 2 seed with a win and a Buck win.
- The Heat clinch the Southeast Division title with a Hawks loss.
- The Bucks clinch the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference with a win OR a Celtics loss.
- The 76ers land the No. 3 seed with a Celtics win.
- The Nuggets clinch the No. 1 seed with a Grizzlies loss.
- The Kings clinch the No. 3 seed with a loss AND a Grizzlies win. As we noted, the Kings have already won the Pacific Division crown for the first time since 2003. (Full post.)
April 5 clinch scenarios ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/yrpFUzlQIM
— NBA Communications (@NBAPR) April 5, 2023