And it would be hard to argue with Gozlan, given that Wiseman has been even less of a factor with the Pistons than he was with the Golden State Warriors — who gave up on the 7-footer last February, shipping him Detroit.
Still, Wiseman is just 21 years old and some interested teams may be willing to give his perceived upside another shot. That’s especially the case if he continues to play only minimally with the Pistons.
Wiseman was selected by the Warriors out of Memphis with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.
Others listed by Gozlan as potential trade candidates:
- Los Angeles Clippers guard Bones Hyland, who has seen a decrease in his role since the team acquired James Harden.
- Pistons guard Monte Morris, who has yet to play for Detroit and is out with a quad injury. But he may not have a regular role to play once he does return.
- Phoenix Suns center Bol Bol, a splashy offseason signing who has barely played with his new team.
- Memphis Grizzlies guard John Konchar, a solid player in reserve, but a player who could be the odd man out once Ja Morant returns from suspension.
- And Bulls guard Lonzo Ball, who missed all of last season and is expected to miss all of this with a mysterious knee injury. “And as we get closer to the end of Ball’s contract in 2024-25 it gets easier for the Bulls to trade him,” Gozlan wrote.