Shooting guard Danny Green is targeting Feb. 1 to make both his season debut, and his debut with the Grizzlies, he told Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Green, 35, suffered a torn left ACL and LCL in a playoff game as a member of the 76ers. He was traded to the Grizzlies on the night of the draft.
The Grizzlies have been at or near the top of the Western Conference all season, and Green’s experience could help give them an added boost.
“What I bring is definitely needed here: perimeter shooting and perimeter defense,” Green told Wojnarowski. “I think I can bring maturity and help a young team understand what it takes to win. This has been an A-1 organization from top to bottom in handling this entire rehab with me.”
- While Green is returning, center Steven Adams is expected to miss the next 3-5 weeks with a PCL sprain in his right knee, the Grizzlies announced. Adams suffered the injury in Sunday’s loss to the Suns.
- Coach Darvin Ham said he is “super-duper excited” about the addition of forward Rui Hachimura, per Jovan Buha of The Athletic. “I’ve always been impressed by him,” Ham said. “(He’s) a multi-faceted, strong, athletic, skilled young player.”
- Guard Austin Reaves is expected to return soon from a hamstring injury, per Buha. “We’re going forward, moving forward,” Reaves said.
- In case you missed it, Anthony Davis and Hachimura are expected to be available for Wednesday’s game vs. the Spurs. (Full post.)
- GM Rob Pelinka indicated the Lakers may not be done dealing, even after the Hachimura trade. (Full post.)
- The Wizards, Suns and Knicks are all possibilities should GM Bob Myers leave the Warriors at season’s end, per The Athletic.
- Myers’ departure after 12 seasons with the Warriors is indeed a possibility, with some even predicting it will happen. Interesting story from The Athletic’s Sam Amick, Anthony Slater and Marcus Thompson II right here.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!