Clearly, having Fox back in the lineup is making the Kings look like themselves again. They’ve won two straight after Fox returned from an ankle injury.
“Got out to a great start,” Huerter told reporters after the game. “We established ourselves offensively, got out in transition, played fast. I don’t think we maintained it the rest of the game, but shows what we’re capable of when we’re playing at that level.”
- The Kings have now beaten the Lakers in five of six meetings, including in overtime earlier this season in Sacramento.
- LeBron James was brilliant in defeat, recording the 21st triple-double of his career with 28 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds. He has now moved past Jason Kidd for the fifth-most triple-doubles in history.
- Kings coach Mike Brown on James, who’s 38 years old: “I don’t know if you can put a timetable on when he’s going to be done. I think there’s only one person that can, and that’s him. Well, maybe two, because his wife might be able to do something about that. He’s absolutely amazing to do what he does at his age. It’s phenomenal. I’m amazed every time we go against him.”
- Anthony Davis has been struggling with a hip injury but said that had nothing to do with his showing vs. the Kings. He scored four points in the first quarter, then not again until the fourth. “I just played bad,” he said. “I’m not going to put it on anything. It was just missed shots.”
- Luka Doncic bounced back from a 16-point outing vs. the Pelicans by nearly putting together a triple-double in a road win over the Wizards on Wednesday. Doncic finished with 26 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds.
- Kyrie Irving sat out with a sprained left foot. “The left foot’s bothering him. It’s sore,” coach Jason Kidd said. “So we’re just not going to take any chances.”
- Guard Seth Curry suggested Dallas seems to have a different culture this season. “We’re obviously going to see some more challenges, but we’re playing well,” Curry told reporters. “It’s not just the winning, it’s the way you win, it’s the way you’re playing.”