“While I admit there might be something amiss there, I don’t think Anthony Davis wants to not be a Laker,” Windhorst said on the Dan Patrick Show. “My understanding is he still is 100 percent bought in on that.”
Davis has an Early Termination Option on his contract following the 2024-25 season. He had been the subject of some trade speculation, but that seemed to be all it was — speculation.
- The Lakers have “kicked in the tires” on power forward Kevin Love, Windhorst told Patrick. Love agreed to a contract buyout with the Cavaliers, with the Heat being viewed as the frontrunner to sign him.
- In case you missed it, forward LeBron James expressed optimism and excitement about the Lakers’ additions at the trade deadline. Check out that full post here.
- Star forwards Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are expected to meet with guard Russell Westbrook, still a member of the Jazz, as relayed by Law Murray of The Athletic. George has already publicly vouched for Westbrook to join the team.
- The Clippers have officially waived center Moses Brown from his two-way contract. Brown will become a free agent if he should clear waivers. (Full post.)
- The Clippers have since signed shooting guard Nate Darling to a two-way contract, per a team announcement. LA still has a standard roster spot available.