- The Suns are continuing to explore potential Jae Crowder trades, with the Bucks, Heat, Warriors and others among those interested, sources told Hoops Wire.
- The Bucks and Heat are viewed as the frontrunners for the veteran small forward, as the Suns would be hesitant to send him to a Western team, particularly a West contender sources said.
- Others expressing an interest in Crowder over the past few weeks, per sources: The Hornets, Nuggets, Wizards, Timberwolves and Knicks.
- While it is widely believed the Suns are looking to add perimeter shooting in a Crowder trade, they are actually seeking a power forward, per Brian Windhorst of ESPN. Windhorst also confirmed the Wizards’ interest, which we reported last week.
- The Suns have indeed expressed an interest in the likes of the Wizards’ Kyle Kuzma and Kings’ Harrison Barnes, but both rival teams have made it clear that neither player is available, especially not for Crowder, sources said.
- With the Kings coming a bit back down to earth over the past week, and De’Aaron Fox changing agents to Klutch Sports, opposing executives think they may be feeling a little pressure to make a deal.
- The Kings, for their part, have given no such indications, though. Barnes would be the one key rotation player they could in fact move before the deadline in February, but only if a deal brought back another starter to help their playoff push, sources said. The Kings are determined to qualify this year, a first in 16 years.
- Guard Bones Hyland said the secret sauce to the Nuggets’ success is simple. “Moving the basketball, sharing the basketball, being unselfish, playing as one, playing as a team, and trusting each other,” he said, via Harrison Wind of DNVR Sports.
- The Nuggets already pulled off a deal over the offseason, landing guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, so aren’t feeling compelled to make another trade. But they have been keeping a watchful eye on the free agent list, perhaps looking to sign an available veteran later in the season, sources said.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!