Given that president of basketball operations Tim Connelly drafted Nuggets guard Bones Hyland while in Denver, the Timberwolves could have an interest.
Though it’s not known if the sides have spoken, per Darren Wolfson of SKOR North.
“Tim Connelly drafted Hyland, you can bet that Tim Connelly would have some interest there if something could be worked out to bring Hyland here to Minnesota,” Wolfson said on The Scoop w/Doogie Podcast. “But again, I don’t sense the Nuggets and Wolves are far down the road on any sort of transaction.”
- Meanwhile, guard D’Angelo Russell continues to draw interest and has been linked to the Clippers, Suns and Mavericks. “(But) I just don’t sense any trade has been close. And frankly the way he’s been playing, he should be here on February 9,” Wolfson said.
- We have more on Timberwolves here, including one team that has checked in on the availability of small forward Taurean Prince.
- The Nuggets are indeed active in trade conversations around Hyland, and the Timberwolves do have an interest, per Shams Charania of The Athletic.
- The Suns, Hornets and Mavericks are among others with an interest, sources told Hoops Wire. We have more on our Nuggets page here.
- Interest in center Jakob Poeltl is gaining steam, with the likes of the Celtics and Raptors among those in pursuit, per Charania.
- The Hornets may also have an interest in Poeltl, as they appear to be contemplating a fire sale ahead of the deadline, sources told Hoops Wire.
- As Charania wrote of Poeltl: “The 27-year-old will be arguably the top unrestricted free agent big man in July.”
- Along with a possible Poeltl trade, the Spurs continue to discuss a potential deal centered on Lakers guard Russell Westbrook, as we relayed here.
Sources: The Suns have given permission to the Bucks to meet with Jae Crowder ahead of trade deadline.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) January 30, 2023