- Forward Jonathan Kuminga would draw plenty of trade interest should the Warriors make him available this summer, per Zach Lowe of ESPN.
- Kuminga played well n the absence of Andrew Wiggins during the season, but fell out of the rotation in the playoffs and could request a trade.
- In case you missed it, the Warriors and GM Bob Myers have not had substantial talks on a contract extension in months, with the possibility of Myers’ exit seemingly becoming more likely. We have that full story here.
- Nets assistant Royal Ivey is joining new coach Ime Udoka as an assistant with the Rockets, per Tim MacMahon of ESPN. Ivey is known to have “strong relationships with players across the league,” MacMahon added.
- The Rockets will listen to trade offers for the No. 4 overall draft pick. You can check out our full story here.
“If you want to do all that stuff and give all that money back, more power to you,” Barkley said, via Scott Thompson of Fox News. “You can make that stance. ‘Know what? I want to do what I want to do. I want to flash my gun and make videos and do things.’ Ok, that’s fine. But you can’t make money on the NBA doing this stuff.
“I just hope that he grows up and realize like, yo, man, first of all, you’re not a thug. You’re not a criminal. You’re not a crook. You’re a guy making $100 million a year the dribble a stupid basketball. And, you hit the lottery. We all hit the lottery to do something. There’s people out there working nine to five, 80 to 90 hours a week going to make $25,000 a year. They would kill to be in our situation.”
- Morant is facing a lengthy suspension of potentially half the season. We have the latest on what is known about Morant’s situation right here.
- The Grizzlies will start making roster changes based on Morant’s suspension, sources have told Hoops Wire. They are not expected to make a major overhaul, though forward Dillon Brooks isn’t likely to be brought back, making the wing spot a priority.
- Missouri guard D’Moi Hodge, Xavier wing Colby Jones and Arkansas forward Jordan Walsh are all prospects the Grizzlies could consider with the No. 25 pick, per Quenton Albertie of Clutch Points.