An early measuring stick of sorts awaits the Cavaliers, as they make their first visit to the Celtics, fresh off a Finals appearance.
Also, this is the second week of the season. It doesn’t wrap up until April. That’s a long ways away. So no matter what happens, it’s important to keep things in perspective for both teams.
“We want to be one of those teams,” Cavs center Jarrett Allen told Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com. “Got to beat those teams to get where we want to be. Tonight is the perfect example of that. They were in the Finals last year. You can measure yourselves against them. Can use it to see how we stack up against the top.”
Cavs at Celtics
- RECORDS: Cavs 3-1; Celtics 3-1
- TIPOFF: 7:30 p.m. EST
- LOCATION: TD Bank Garden
- TV: NBA TV, Bally Sports Ohio
- INJURIES: Cavs – Garland (eye) out; Dylan Windler (ankle) out; Ricky Rubio (knee) out; Celtics – Grant Williams (suspension) out; Robert Williams (knee) out; Danilo Gallinari (knee) out.
More from Hoops Wire
- Video: Talkin’ Cavs,. Darius Garland, JB Bickerstaff and more
- Jeff Phelps: LeBron James, Donovan Mitchell, Sixers and other premature conclusions
- East Notes: Magic, Cavs, Darius Garland, Celtics
- Dribbles: Evan Mobley delivers needed night
#Cavs Darius Garland is officially listed out tonight against the Celtics. But he still traveled here to Boston. And he was the last player on the court this morning following shootaround, with the swelling around his eye noticeably reduced.https://t.co/ySlaE9Y62N
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 28, 2022