G League Ignite guard Scoot Henderson suggested he should be considered for the No. 1 overall pick.
This despite the fact everyone is projecting the Spurs to go with French center Victor Wembanyama, the most-hyped prospect in about 20 years.
“I think I have the ability to go No. 1,” Henderson told reporters at the NBA Combine. “I believe in myself as any competitor should.”
Henderson said he is hoping for a meeting with the Spurts. He will almost definitely meet with the Hornets, selecting No. 2 overall, and Trail Blazers, selecting third.
Doesn’t matter, according to Henderson.
“I don’t have to be ball dominant,” he said. “When my time comes, I’ll kill.”
- We have more on Wembanyama and the Spurs, as well as some draft rumors, right here.
- Alabama forward Brandon Miller has already worked out for the Bulls and is willing to meet with teams outside the top three, per K.C. Johnson of NBC Sports Chicago.
- The Bulls, of course, would have to trade up to land Miller. Their pick went to the Magic as part of the trade for center Nikola Vucevic back in 2021.
- Miller has also worked out for the Magic, per Khobi Price of the Orlando Sentinel. But unless the Hornets or Trail Blazers are willing to trade back, it’s unlikely Miller will wind up in Orlando. Then again, word is, the Magic will explore packaging the Nos. 6 and 11 picks to move up.
- The Magic are high on UCF forward Taylor Hendricks, per Sam Vecenie of The Athletic. “The Magic love guys like Hendricks who are long, athletic and have high upside,” Vecenie wrote. “On top of that, Hendricks actually fills a real need as a shooter for a team that really could use one.”