“I really think it’s just the caliber of players we have,” center Brook Lopez told reporters. “We’ve got guys who are high basketball IQ and are unselfish, team first. It’s great to have a couple of those guys, but to have a bench full of them, we’re really lucky.”
The Bucks have now beaten the Magic 14 straight times.
- Forward Khris Middleton started for the first time since Dec. 15. “It felt like it was the right time for him to get up to the 30-minute plateau, with Jrue and Giannis not playing,” coach Mike Budenholzer said. “Just doing a little bit of everything, he set a good tone for us early. We were fortunate to have him come off the bench for us for a long time, and now he’s going to continue to do those things where he’s always been, in our starting lineup.”
- Budenholzer told reporters that point guard Goran Dragic is battling a sore knee but is close to playing. Dragic was signed last week for the rest of the season.
- In case you missed it, the Bucks also added G League point guard Lindell Wigginton on a 10-day contract. He played 31 seconds on Tuesday. We have the full post here.
Forward Mikal Bridges has scored 30 or more points in five games (and three straight overall) since arriving in the trade with the Suns on Feb. 9.
“He is very unselfish,” coach Jacque Vaughn said. “He gives up his time, his knowledge in the locker room, during the games. So it’s really been a joy to be around and learn him as an individual.”
- The Nets have won three straight, their longest since winning 12 in a row from Dec. 7-Jan. 8. All three wins have been by double digits.
- Guard/forward Ben Simmons has missed seven straight games with knee and back soreness. There are still no updates on his return.
The Wizards’ final month is obviously vital, as they currently sit in the 10th spot in the Eastern Conference, the final spot for the play-in tournament.
“Washington, meanwhile, is just one game back from the Hawks in eighth and a half-game behind the Raptors in ninth,” wrote Chase Hughes of NBC Sports Washington. “The stage is set for them to make a playoff push and in some ways control their destiny along the way.”