- Center Myles Turner is leaving the BDA Sports agency and signing with CAA, per Marc Stein of The Stein Line.
- The timing is interesting, given that Turner is a trade candidate and as had his name mentioned in trade rumors on a regular basis, per Luke Adams of Hoops Rumors.
- Along with the Lakers, Turner has been linked to the Clippers, Warriors and Hornets.
- Point guard Tyrese Haliburton talked of the Pacers’ surprising start in a story from Dustin Dopirak of the Indianapolis Star, who took a look at the secrets to Indiana’s success.
- Center Clint Capela has a tooth issue and is getting it checked out before the Hawks know his availability for Sunday, coach Nate McMillan said, via Lauren L. Williams of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Guard/forward Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) has not yet been a full participant at practice, McMillan said, via Williams.
- Of course, that hasn’t kept teams from expressing trade interest in Bogdanovic. That’s reportedly especially the case with the Suns. We have more on that right here.
Team president Brad Stevens recently defended guard/forward Jaylen Brown, saying that, yes, Brown is against antisemitism and hate speech.
“Jaylen has explicitly stated that he is against antisemitism and hate speech. Jaylen also has a strong history of using his platform to contribute positively to causes both local and national,” Stevens said, via Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe. “Regarding the Kyrie Irving suspension, Jaylen has stated that he feels that in his role as vice president of the union he should protect and support players’ rights.”
Brown is vice-president of the players’ union, and came under fire from some on social media after saying the union intended to appeal the length of Irving’s suspension in early November.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!