- The Bucks are among the teams expected to make a run at point guard Derrick Rose in free agency, per Marc Stein of The Stein Line. Rose’s team option was declined by the Knicks last week.
- Stein also cited the Bulls and Suns are potential Rose suitors. The Knicks could also ask Rose to return on a smaller contract, Stein noted.
- Alon with Rose, the Bucks will look to re-sign forward Khris Middleton and center Brook Lopez. After trying to acquire Bradley Beal, who eventually was traded to the Suns, the Bucks are expected to be active in the trade market.
- Shooting guard Terrence Ross and power forward Kevin Love may be among the Bucks’ free agency targets, sources told Hoops Wire.
- The Pistons continue to plan an aggressive pursuit of Nets forward Cam Johnson, per Stein and as we relayed here. The Nets, of course, can match any opposing offer, and most believe that is precisely what they will do.
- Detroit is expected to target Cavaliers guard/forward Caris LeVert if they strike out on Johnson, sources told Hoops Wire.
- Along with intending to re-sign LeVert, the Cavs have guard/forward Derrick Jones Jr. on their radar, sources said. Jones’ agent, Aaron Turner, is a native of Orange, Ohio, outside of Cleveland. Jones declined his player option with the Bulls. (Full post)
- Shooting guard Josh Richardson (Pelicans), small forward T.J. Warren (Suns) and guard Kendrick Nunn (Wizards) are among the multiple free agents also said to be drawing interest from Cleveland.
- In case you missed it, I wrote a column on the Cavs’ decision to draft forward Emoni Bates. You can check it out here.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!