- The Hornets are “taking calls” on the likes of forward Gordon Hayward, point guard Terry Rozier and Kelly Oubre Jr. ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline, Marc Stein of The Stein Line, echoing an earlier report.
- As Stein wrote, the Hornets appear to be headed toward a rebuild and are likely to “prioritize lottery position in the wake of LaMelo Ball‘s third ankle injury.”
- The Hornets are interested in re-signing P.J. Washington more than they were last summer, per Stein.
- We have more on the Hornets and their thinking entering the deadline right here and on our Hornets page.
- The Celtics still have a $5.9 million trade exception available to them through the trade deadline, Stein noted. They could use it before then or just let it expire.
- Celtics guard Payton Pritchard continues to draw trade interest from the Warriors, as well as some from the Pacers and Timberwolves, sources told Hoops Wire.
- The Bucks remain interested in pursuing a trade for Suns forward Jae Crowder, though there are concerns about what type of game shape he may be in, given that he hasn’t played since last season, Stein wrote.
- Milwaukee has also been linked to Knicks forward Cam Reddish, as we relayed here, as well as Rockets guard Eric Gordon, as we detailed here.
- Several Western Conference teams have expressed interest in forward/center Serge Ibaka. That includes the Clippers, sources told Hoops Wire, who may be interested in bringing back Ibaka for the right price. The Bucks and Ibaka have agreed to seek a trade, as we relayed here.
- The Bucks also had trade interest in Rui Hachimura before he was traded from the Wizards to the Lakers, sources told Hoops Wire.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!