- The Knicks have discussed a trade that would send guard/forward Evan Fournier, forward Obi Toppin and draft picks to the Jazz for shooting guard Malik Beasley and power forward Jarred Vanderbilt, per Tim MacMahon of ESPN.
- This report follows one from Michael Scotto of HoopsHype over the weekend — with hte names being the same. Scotto noted that the draft capital appears to be a sticking point in the talks.
- As both Scotto and MacMahon added, Beasley and Vanderbilt were signed to their current deals by Knicks executive Gersson Rosas, when all were with the Timberwolves. So there is a natural link there for New York.
- The Knicks are also continuing to discuss trade scenarios on forward Cam Reddish with multiple teams. The Cavaliers, Lakers and Bucks have all been linked to Reddish. Sources told Hoops Wire that the Wizards, Hornets and Spurs could make a bid for Reddish as well.
- Along with everything else, the Knicks are having conversations on point guard Derrick Rose, per sources. Rose could end up being a “throw-in” as part of a larger deal, sources added.
Coach Jacque Vaughn offered praise for incoming guard Spencer Dinwiddie and forward Dorian Finney-Smith, both acquired as part of the Kyrie Irving trade with the Mavericks.
“We’re just longer, stronger, and overall more athletic as a team,” Vaughn said, via Erik Slater of Clutch Points.
Vaughn offered particularly high praise for Dinwiddie, who played for the Nets when Vaughn served as interim coach a few seasons back.
“Spencer is a high-IQ guy, he’ll be able to figure things out quickly,’ Vaughn said, via Slater. “He and I have a good rapport. I think he’ll fit in and be ready to go.”
- That said, the Nets are reportedly having trade talks involving Dinwiddie, particularly with the Raptors, as we relayed here.
- As we also relayed, the Nets are not expected to trade forward Kevin Durant, despite some reports to the contrary.
- The Magic have “real interest” in trading for Raptors guard Fred VanVleet, per Matt Moore of Action Network.
- Guard Jalen Suggs could be part of a deal for VanVleet, “but would require more from Toronto in compensation, given Suggs’ defensive capabilities and rookie contract,” Moore wrote.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!