- The Wizards are expected to reach a buyout agreement with forward Danilo Gallinari, allowing him to become a free agent and explore signing with a contender, per Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports. Gallinari was acquired as part of the three-team trade with the Celtics and Grizzlies.
- Washington is among those said to be interested in free agent Derrick Jones Jr., who declined his player option with the Bulls.
- Others among those on the Wizards’ radar, per Hoops Wire sources: forward Max Strus (Heat), forward Oshae Brissett (Pacers) and guard Seth Curry (Nets).
- Along with all that, the Wizards continue to seek trades for point guards Monte Morris or Delon Wright, per Fischer.
“The Rockets, sources said, are considering short-term, high-salary contracts in order to land top-target free agents with their $61 million in cap space,” Fischer wrote. “It would take a maximum contract to ultimately lure VanVleet from Toronto, sources said, which would top out at two-years, $80 million.”
Livers averaged 6.7 points and 2.8 rebounds in 52 games last season, his second in the NBA. So for Detroit to keep him on a minimum deal is considered a no-brainer.
As an aside, the Pistons are also expected to pick up the team option on guard Alec Burks.
- As we relayed, the Pistons are preparing a substantial offer for Nets restricted free agent Cam Johnson. They are also expected to pursue a reunion with unrestricted free agent Jerami Grant (Trail Blazers). Edwards suggested that unrestricted free agent forward Harrison Barnes (Kings) could be a nice fit as well.