The Bucks and Celtics are the offseason’s two big winners, according to a survey of NBA general managers, conducted annually by John Schuhmann of NBA.com.
The Bucks and Celtics each received 23 percent of the votes when it came to what teams made the best offseason moves, tying for first. Interestingly, the Trail Blazers — who traded Lillard and Holiday — finished third.
The Lakers (13 percent) finished fourth, followed by the Mavericks and Rockets (7 percent).
Other winners in the GM poll:
- Nuggets center Nikola Jokic is favored to win NBA MVP, followed by Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- Lillard is projected to make the biggest impact with a new team, followed by Holiday and Bradley Beal with the Suns, respectively.
- Former Celtics guard Marcus Smart, now of the Grizzlies, was voted as the most underrated offseason acquisition. Another former Celtic, forward Grant Williams of the Mavs, finished second.
- The Thunder were voted as the likeliest most improved team, followed by the Rockets.
- Spurs center Victor Wembanyama is the favorite to win Rookie of the Year, followed by Blazers guard Scoot Henderson and Thunder forward/center Chet Holmgren.
Check out the full NBA general managers survey at this link.