- Center Clint Capela will miss 1-2 weeks with a right calf strain, the team announced in a press release.
- Capela has been a steadying presence in an otherwise uneven Hawks season, averaging 12.1 points, 12.0 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks in 26 games.
- The Hawks may now have to turn to Onyeka Okongwu, who stands 6-foot-8, as their starting center. Little-used Frank Kaminsky may now also see more action.
- It’s been a rough start for the defending champs, who fell to 14-15 after Wednesday’s loss to the Pacers. The Warriors are also just 2-13 on the road, including 0-6 vs. the Eastern Conference.
- Now, it may only get tougher, as star guard Stephen Curry is expected to miss “a few weeks” with an injured left shoulder, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
- Shams Charania of The Athletic reported that Curry is actually out for at least two weeks, having suffered a “labral injury.”
- The Nets have been fined $25,000 for inaccurate reporting of injuries, the NBA announced, and as detailed by Brian Lewis of the New York Post.
- While the franchise’s wallet is a little thinner, the play on the court has definitely picked up lately, as the Nets have won 15 of 22. We have that full post here.
- The NBA announced that voting for the 2023 All-Star Game will begin on Tuesday and run through Jan. 21. This year’s game will be hosted by the Jazz in Salt Lake City.
I pick Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) December 15, 2022