- Shooting guard Bradley Beal will miss at least the Wizards’ next three games with a low-grade strain of his left hamstring, the team announced. An MRI revealed the extent of the injury after Beal was suffering tightness in the hamstring.
- Given that small forward Rudy Gay is making $6 million this year with a player option for next season, the Jazz would likely have to attach a draft pick if they hope to move him, per Sarah Todd of the Deseret News. Gay’s contract could also be used as potential “salary filler” in a trade, Todd wrote.
- The Bucks could potentially be among the suitors for Pistons guard/forward Bojan Bogdanovic, per Matt Moore of The Action Network.
- As we relayed right here, the Cavaliers may be in pursuit of Bogdanovic as well. That said, it appears the Pistons are sending the message that Bogdanovic is not available.
- Forward/center Marvin Bagley III underwent surgery on his broken fingers on Thursday, the team relayed. He will be re-evaluated in six weeks. You can check out the full post here.
Guard/forward Isaac Okoro occasionally has had his name mentioned in trade rumors, dating back to the summer, but would prefer to stay right where he is, per Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.
“He is considered a diligent worker, and Okoro has a strong desire to remain in Cleveland, sources told Yahoo Sports, to continue growing around the young core this front office has assembled,” Fischer wrote.
- Along with Bogdanovic, the Cavs appear to be in the market for several wings, as I relayed on WHBC radio.
SAM AMICO – SENIOR NBA WRITER AT https://t.co/H7wdcKiFGu / @AmicoHoops https://t.co/azH7Q2ZVRT
— News-Talk 1480 WHBC (@1480whbc) January 5, 2023
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!