Forward Kyle Kuzma continues to draw trade interest ahead of the Feb. 9 deadline, but the Wizards are rebuffing offers, per Marc Stein of The Stein Line.
“There’s a string of teams that would love to get in the mix for Kuzma but the Wizards keep telling people, ‘No, we are going to re-sign him, we are going to keep him,'” Stein said on Jake Fischer’s podcast, via HoopsHype.
- The Wizards have won five straight overall and are 12-6 since their 10-game losing streak, as relayed by Kevin Broom of SB Nation.
- We have plenty more out of Washington and will continue to do so on our Wizards page right here.
- Guard Terry Rozier is drawing lots of trade interest as a player who “has a lot of fans around the league,” Stein said.
- It is believed that the Hornets are open to trading nearly everyone on the roster, except for point guard LaMelo Ball. The list of available players includes small forward Gordon Hayward, guard/forward Kelly Oubre, center/forward Jalen McDaniels and center Mason Plumlee, as well as Rozier.
- Coach Steve Clifford indicated hasn’t lost faith in the current team, though. “Getting ’Melo and Gordon back, obviously you’re a different team,” Clifford told reporters after Sunday’s win over the Heat. “If we can get into playing set groups then we’ll have a good chance to hopefully put some good stretches together.”
Guard Kyle Lowry is drawing trade interest, despite the fact the Heat seem to be saying he’s off-limits, per Matt Moore of Action Network.
“Some recent reporting out of Miami has suggested that Lowry is not available, but teams continue to call to gauge whether that remains true as the Heat struggle to generate anything resembling a functioning playoff-level offense,” Moore wrote.
- The Timberwolves and Clippers are among the rival teams linked to Lowry, as relayed by Orel Dizon of Heat Nation.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!