- Guard Josh Hart and center Jusuf Nurkic could be available ahead of the trade deadline, per Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports, “as the franchise remains committed to building a playoff contender around Damian Lillard.”
- The Blazers are giving the teams the “impression” that they’re open to talking trade about most of their players, Fischer added.
- The Cavaliers are a team to watch when it comes to a possible trade involving Hart, per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.
- The Blazers are looking for size and “wing-shooting defenders” in trades, Fischer added.
Rival NBA executives believe the Timberwolves will trade guard D’Angelo Russell ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline, per Michael Scotto of HoopsHype.
Russell is set to become an unrestricted free agent over the summer.
“With Minnesota projected to be over the salary cap, the Timberwolves can’t replace him if he leaves and would lose his salary slot in the process as a means to acquire another player around his price range or multiple players equaling his salary’s total,” Scotto wrote.
- We have more out of Minnesota right here, and always on our Timberwolves page.
Nets star Kevin Durant said Rockets center Alperen Sengun is among the young players he enjoys watching most.
“I would say I was going to give some love to I like Sengun,” Durant said, via Clutch Fans. “He was dunking on a couple of people. I didn’t know he could get up like that. He’s nice. I like him.”
- Along with guard Eric Gordon, the Rockets have been receiving trade calls on small forward Jae’Sean Tate, per Fischer.
- Houston is seeking a first-round pick as part of a return for Gordon, per Fischer. Gordon has reportedly drawn interest from the Bucks and Lakers, among others.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!