- Center Christian Wood hasn’t been made available in trade talks, but some opposing teams think that could change here soon, per Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report.
- While Wood has been overall productive, he’s come off the bench and “publicly and privately petitioned for a bigger role,” Haynes wrote.
- Throw in the fact he’s on an expiring contract and you can see why rivals may think he’ll be available ahead of the deadline in February. Wood was acquired in a trade with the Rockets before the season.
- Several sources have told Hoops Wire the Mavs are indeed involved in talks as they look to build on last year’s run to the West finals. But indicated that Wood has not been part of those talks.
- The Jazz remain among the potential suitors for Hawks forward John Collins, per Marc Stein of The Stein Line. We have the latest on Collins, who reportedly is still available, at this link.
- Guard Jordan Clarkson and the Jazz are engaged in talks on a contract extension, per Haynes. That said, it’s not a lock that the sides come to terms, and Clarkson may opt to enter free agency instead, Haynes added.
- Along with Knicks small forward Cam Reddish, the Lakers may have the likes of Pistons guard/forward Alec Burks, Spurs guard/forward Josh Richardson and center Jakob Poeltl, and Hornets point guard Terry Rozier and wing Kelly Oubre Jr. on their radar, per Jovan Buha of The Athletic.
- We wrote about the Lakers’ interest in Reddish earlier. You can check out that full post here.
- Coach Darvin Ham indicated an official update on injured star big man Anthony Davis should be coming soon. “He’s still going through the evaluation process,” Ham said, via Kyle Goon of the Orange County Register. “We’re still trying to see which course of action we should take, and you’ll know more in the coming days about that situation.”
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!