Cavaliers president of basketball operations Koby Altman has been quietly active heading into Thursday’s NBA Draft, seemingly aiming to make a move into the first round.
Not only have the Cavs spoken to the Pacers about the No. 26 overall pick, as we relayed here, but they have also touched base with the Trail Blazers on the No. 23 selection and guard/forward Nassir Little, per Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
As it stands, the Cavs have one pick at No. 49 overall.
“The Cavs, from what I understand, have had a lot of talks with the Blazers, not just for the 23rd pick — I think they have some interest in Nassir Little, who was a forward who was injured for a lot of last year but has already signed his contract extension,’ Windhorst said on ESPN Cleveland, via Cavaliers Nation. “I think the Cavs have liked him in the past. That’s a guy they have interest in, so it may not even involve a pick. It may involve Nassir Little and a pick, or maybe nothing.
“They’ve had quite a bit of talks. … It seems like a lot of their discussions are revolving on the 23rd pick.”
Along with the Blazers and Pacers, the Cavs have spoken to the Nets, Hornets and Jazz about the possibility of moving into the first round, per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.
Cleveland is also weighing whether to re-sign small forward Caris LeVert in free agency, though league sources told Hoops Wire that a LeVert return seems likely.