Star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo shrugged off the sprained right wrist he suffered in the final game before the All-Star break.
“That was yesterday, man. That’s old news,” he said at All-Star Weekend in Salt Lake City, via Jim Owscarski of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. “It’s a brand new day, man. A good day to be alive.”
Antetokounmpo will be re-evaluated this week.
“He’s a guy that is attacking the basket all the time, and he’s fearless and he takes a lot of falls,” coach Mike Budenholzer said, via Eric Nehm of The Athletic. “So you kind of learn to just expect him to always bounce back up, and that’s what we’re hoping for from this one.”
- The Bucks intend to put in a bid to host the All-Star Game in 2025 or ’26, per Owczarski. Milwaukee hasn’t hosted the game since 1977.
- The Cavs intend to retired Kevin Love‘s No. 0 at some point, the team announced, via Marc Stein of The Stein Line. Love agreed to a contract buyout and will sign with the Heat, as we relayed here.
- League sources expect the Cavs to fill the spot vacated by Love. It very well could be another big man, which the Cavs were already seeking, sources said.
- As for who may fill the spot, it’s not likely to be anyone splashy. A source told Hoops Wire the Cavs will consider all possibilities, to unsigned veterans to G League call-ups.
- While all the news is surrounding Love, the Heat are also expected to add center Cody Zeller, as we relayed here.
- Interestingly, the Zeller addition would come at the same time as the season debut of center Omer Yurtseven, as noted by Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Yurtseven has been sidelined with an ankle injury/surgery.
- Either way, the Heat were looking to add perimeter shooting and size after trading center Dewayne Dedmon to the Spurs earlier this month. (Dedmon has since signed with the 76ers.)
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!