The Wizards are expected to look to move forward Danilo Gallinari ahead of the February trade deadline, and likely even closer to the middle of December, when more players become trade-eligible.
Gallinari, 35, was acquired this past offseason as part of the three-team trade with the Celtics and Grizzlies that sent Kristaps Porzingis to Boston.
He has appeared in 12 games this season, averaging 8.3 points and 3.0 rebounds, shooting 50 percent from the field. Before coming to Washington, he spent time with the Hawks, Thunder, Clippers, Nuggets and Knicks.
- Gallinari isn’t the only name being mentioned when it comes to players the rebuilding Wizards could unload this season. Point guard Tyus Jones and shooting guard Landry Shamet are believed to be others — with even starting guard Jordan Poole also being viewed as an outside possibility as a trade candidate.
- Small forward Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) has yet to appear in a game this season, but given that the young Pistons are going nowhere fast, he’s expected to be heavily pursued by contenders once he’s cleared to play.
- Both the Knicks and Heat have been mentioned as potential suitors for Bogdanovic, 34, who averaged a career-high 21.4 points in 59 games last season. The Cavaliers and Lakers also expressed interest in Bogdanovic last year and could again this season, depending on how a things go for both between now and January or February.
- Detroit isn’t totally closed to the idea of trading Bogdanovic, sources said. But the Pistons really like his veteran presence and productivity, and would be seeking young players and/or picks. And isn’t every rebuilding team everywhere?
- The Hornets are one team said to have a strong interest in Bulls guard Zach LaVine, as we relayed here. But like most others, Charlotte is at least a little concerned with his hefty contract.
- It appears the Bulls who are destined to draw the most trade interest are guard Alex Caruso and power forward Patrick Williams, as relayed here.
- Meanwhile, trade interest in LaVine is said to be “murky” at the moment. (Full post.) The Lakers, for instance, are not interested in pursuing a LaVine trade despite some rumors to the contrary. (Full post.)
The Charlotte Hornets have ‘strong interest’ in Zach LaVine, per @AmicoHoops
— NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral) November 21, 2023