Mavs owner Mark Cuban traveled to Germany to watch Dirk Nowitzki‘s national team jersey retirement ceremony, then caught Luka Doncic in Slovenia’s EuroBasket opener vs. Lithuania.
“I love just watching Luka play, because he loves to play so much,” Cuban told Donatas Urbonas of BasketNews. “It’s always a joy because you see joy in his game.”
Doncic, 23, signed a supermax contract with the Mavs prior to the start of last season. He went on to average 28.4 points, 9.1 rebounds and 8.7 assists as Dallas advanced all the way to the Western Conference finals.
“But coming out here is great because it’s one thing when he plays for Mavs, and the whole another thing when he represents his country,” Cuban told Urbonas. “I’m happy to see everybody from Lithuania, people from Slovenia and just all the excitement it brings.”
- The G League’s Stockton Kings have landed the returning player rights to point guard Jordan Ford from the Ontario Clippers for the returning player rights to shooting guard Sheldon Mac and a second-round pick in the 2023 G League Draft, the team announced.
- Ford has played in 46 games for the Clippers’ affiliate over the past two seasons, averaging 11.2 points and 3.5 assists. Mac appeared in just one game with Stockton last season, opting to play in Puerto Rico.
- James Ham of The Kings Beat takes an in-depth look at some potential training camp battles, and whether the Kings could keep three point guards, in his latest newsletter.
While the Jazz have had on-again-off-again talks with the Knicks about star guard Donovan Mitchell, several other teams remain interested.
That includes the Wizards, Hornets and Heat, who struck out on their dreams of a Kevin Durant trade when Durant decided to return to the Nets.
On the bright side for Miami, Mitchell would be more than open to signing on, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
“I think Donovan Mitchell would love to play for Miami. I think the Heat would love to have him,” Windhorst said, via NBA Central.
- In case you missed it, the Jazz’s possible deal with the Knicks may have become more complicated after Knicks agreed to a contract extension with forward RJ Barrett. We have that full post right here.
- And in case you really missed it, the Wizards are feeling confident in their own trade offer to the Jazz for Mitchell. Full post right here.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!