Point guard Chris Paul is approaching 38-years old and other teams are considering him very available ahead of Thursday’s trade deadline, especially with new owner Mat Ishbia now in charge.
Ishbia is believed to be a Paul fan and is leaving deadline decisions to head of basketball operations James Jones, sources said. But there is a sense that Paul could be moved, particularly in a deal with the Raptors or Hornets.
As is usually the case, Paul is keeping a professional approach.
“Control what you can control,” he said, via Michael Scotto of HoopsHype. “We’re pros. A team is always going to do what’s in their best interest, as they should. Players have to have that same mindset. People talk crazy about players when they do it.”
- Meanwhile, the Suns continue to make multiple calls on forward Jae Crowder, as they are no closer to a deal with the Bucks “than they were a month ago,” a source told Hoops Wire.
- While guard Josh Hart has been mostly linked to the Cavaliers, he is also drawing interest from the Knicks and possibly the Heat, per Scotto.
- The Blazers are among the many who have 76ers guard Matisse Thybulle on their radar, as we relayed here.
- With the Bucks and Suns struggling to pull off a deal centered on Crowder, the Blazers remain very much in the mix for the veteran forward, sources told Hoops Wire.
- The Kings and Grizzlies have talked trade in recent days, with the conversation focused on Sacramento guard/forward Terence Davis, sources told Hoops Wire.
- The Kings are mainly looking to move center/forward Richaun Holmes, but are finding little interest, it appears.
- While the Kings are as active in talks as anyone, it doesn’t appear they want to make any major changes, with things going so well under coach Mike Brown. They have also been linked to Pistons center Nerlens Noel, Jazz power forward Jarred Vanderbilt, and Hornets center Mason Plumlee, as relayed by Jason Anderson of the Sacramento Bee.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!