- After trading for De’Anthony Melton on draft night, the 76ers are expected to land free agent forward P.J. Tucker, as we relayed here. Opposing teams are saying “with even more conviction now than they did last week” that Tucker will end up with the Sixers on a three-year deal, per Marc Stein of The Stein Line.
- While the Tucker-to-Philadelphia talk is hot, the Sixers will have to get creative to make it work. In order to give Tucker the reported $30 million over three years, they would have to shed some salary. A sign-and-trade with the Heat is one possibility.
- Free agent point guard Cassius Winston is joining the Sixers’ summer league team, per JD Shaw of Hoops Rumors. Winston spent each of the past two seasons as a two-way player with the Wizards.
- The Pacers had some interest in trying to reunite Mavericks free agent guard Jalen Brunson with Indiana coach Rick Carlisle, but are no longer considered a possible destination, Stein reported. With Tyrese Haliburton, lottery pick Bennedict Mathurin and Buddy Hield, the Pacers are feeling good about the future of the backcourt.
- That said, the Pacers remain highly likely to trade Malcolm Brogdon, per multiple reports and as we relayed here. While the Knicks are said to be in the running for Brunson, they are very much considered a possible destination for Brogdon. The Wizards, Clippers and Pistons could also be Brogdon suitors.
- The Hornets continue to be considered a team with strong interest in Pacers center Myles Turner, per Shams Charania of The Athletic. Turner has been linked to Charlotte for several years. The Raptors and Spurs are viewed as other potential Turner landing spots.
- The Pistons are likely to exercise the contract option on guard/forward Hamidou Diallo, but decline the option on point guard Frank Jackson, according to James Edwards III and Will Guillory of The Athletic. But even after picking up the option on Diallo, the Pistons stand to have more than $40 million in available cap space, per Keith Smith of Spotrac.
- Meanwhile, Jackson will become an unrestricted free agent and there will undoubtedly be a market for him as a backup point guard, noted Luke Adams of Hoops Rumors. Jackson, 24, averaged a career-high 10.6 points in 53 games with Detroit last season.
- The Pistons are signing undrafted Arkansas shooting guard Stanley Umude to an Exhibit 10 contract, per Jon Chepkevich of Rookie Scale. Umude spent his first four college seasons at South Dakota, averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 rebounds with the Razorbacks in 2021-22.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow Hoops Wire on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NBA News and Rumors for all 32 teams!