- Guard Donovan Mitchell (leg soreness) and power forward Kevin Love (back) remain questionable for Monday’s road game vs. the Spurs, per the NBA official injury report.
- Both have missed the previous two games, which the Cavs (17-10) split at home.
- Guard/forward Caris LeVert has made the most of his opportunity in the starting role over the past two games, wrote Robert Fenbers of Cleveland.com. LeVert scored 22 points in each, on a combined 42 percent shooting.
- In case you missed it, point guard Ricky Rubio (knee) has been assigned to the G League’s Cleveland Charge, showing signs that a season debut may not be far off. (Full post.)
- Point guard Jalen Brunson suffered a sprained ankle in Sunday’s win over the Kings, coach Tom Thibodeau said, via Fred Katz of The Athletic. No word yet on how long Brunson is expected to be out.
- Guard Immanuel Quickley said he’s not thinking about getting a chance to start in Brunson’s absence. “My guy’s hurt, so I’m not really worried about who’s starting and who’s not,” Quckley said, via Katz.
- Forward Cam Reddish is the most likely to be moved should the Knicks pull off a trade, per Steve Popper of Newsday.
- The Knicks are not interested in a reunion with forward Carmelo Anthony, as we relayed here.
Star center Joel Embiid said the reason responsible for his 53-point eruption against the Hornets on Sunday was simple.
“The ball just found me,” Embiid told reporters. “I thought we moved the ball well all night and the ball just found me.”