While it appears the Bucks aren’t totally out of the Crowder sweepstakes, by any stretch, they continue to scan the market for a veteran wing. As for Bogdanovic, like most others, the Bucks have found the Pistons’ asking price to be incredibly steep, per Fischer.
- The Bucks have also been linked to Knicks forward Cam Reddish and Rockets guard Eric Gordon, though it does not appear they will make anything beyond a casual offer for either ahead of Thursday’s deadline. Many rival teams are expecting the Rockets to offer Gordon a contract buyout after the deadline.
- Back to Bogdanovic. The Pistons want at least one unprotected first-rounder as part of a potential deal, Fischer noted. Because of previous trades, Milwaukee can’t offer one of those until 2029.
- One opposing school of thought is that the Bucks are just fine standing pat. “I think it’s either Crowder, or do nothing, for them,” a rival GM told Hoops Wire.
The Raptors may be receiving more calls and mentioned in more rumors than anyone, and they remain at the center of the trade market, Fischer wrote.
As we relayed here, the Raptors and Nets have had what sources described as “strong” conversations with the Nets, involving nearly every big name on both teams other than Brooklyn star forward Kevin Durant.
- VanVleet, Anunoby and Trent are viewed as the Raptors’ most likely trade candidates, per Fischer, but not so much for Siakam. Most expect him to remain in Toronto.
- VanVleet has been linked to the Magic (full post), Lakers, Suns, Clippers and several others. Anunoby has been linked to too many to count, though the list at least includes the Knicks, Grizzlies (full post), Pacers (full post), Pelicans (full post,) and about seven or eight more.
- Everyone on the Hornets’ roster other than point guard LaMelo Ball appears to be available, an opposing executive told Hoops Wire.
- The Heat are among those interested in power forward P.J. Washington, per Fischer. Hoops Wire sources have said the 76ers might be, too.
- Also, per Fischer, the Kings are among those with an interest in center Mason Plumlee. Sacramento continues to look for someone to take center/forward Richaun Holmes.
- Guard Terry Rozier seems to be drawing the most buzz among the available Hornets, with Fischer following earlier reports that the Lakers and Suns are possible landing spots. One surprise team with interest in Rozier, per sources, just happens to be the Raptors.